IEEE 802.15.4 / ZigBee
IEEE 802.15.4 is available in a number of standards as well as part of proprietary wireless protocols. ZigBee, WirelessHART and ISA SP-100 are all used in industrial applications and all are based on IEEE 802.15.4. The low power consumption makes it well-suited for battery operated devices. The technologies are mostly used in applications such as energy monitoring, process and building automation. The mesh network functionality makes it capable to cover wide areas when there are no requirements on low latency.
IEEE 802.15.4 Facts
- Low power consumption.
- Short wake-up/connection time.
- High number of communication nodes.
- Possibility to automatically build mesh-networks.
- Gross data through-put of 20-250 kBit/s.
- Range, excluding mesh functionality, of 75 meters.
- Security features with 128-Bit encryption that offers protection against data snapping.
- Alternative radio possibilities operating on the 868 MHz and the 915 MHz bands.
Wireless Selection Guide
If you want to learn more on various wireless use cases, wireless technology comparison, what makes connectBlue unique and the technical differences between the connectBlue wireless products and modules, have a look in our Wireless Selection Guide.
The connectBlue Wireless Product Range
The connectBlue wireless product range cover Classic Bluetooth products, Bluetooth low energy products, Wireless LAN /WLAN (IEEE 802.11a, b, g, n) products and IEEE 802.15.4 / ZigBee products. If you want to compare products regardless of wireless technology, select from the following options: