White Paper: "Wireless Technologies for Industrial Applications"
connectBlue's CTO Mats Andersson has updated his white paper "Wireless Technologies for Industrial Applications."
This white paper covers how various wireless technologies can be used to connect devices wirelessly to each other in an industrial setting. The paper also describes some specific requirements on wireless communication technology in industrial applications. The use of wireless communication is in this white paper divided into nine sections:
- Serial cable replacement
- Ethernet cable replacement and Ethernet infrastructure
- Seamless roaming
- Fieldbus cable replacement
- Internet of Things
- “App” in a smart phone or other mobile device
- Wireless sensors and actuators network
- Industrial requirements on wireless technologies
- Wireless coexistence