PRESS RELEASE connectBlue™ Announces Development Kit Collection for Wireless LAN Solutions
February 23, 2010
connectBlue, the innovative and market leading provider of wireless industrial solutions, launches ten Wireless LAN Development Kits designed to evaluate the connectBlue third generation Wireless LAN modules OWL221a and OWL222a. The easy-to-use kits offer complete system functionality with an out-of-the-box testing capability designed to accelerate the customers’ product design, development and delivery.
The connectBlue flexible Wireless LAN Development Kit collection spans over a wide variety of customer development needs. For instance, the manufacturer can choose a complete out-of-the box testing system or choose a software kit for integration into one’s own existing system for evaluation.
“Thanks to the wide assortment of Wireless LAN Development Kits, the customer can get started immediately and select a solution that fits their needs perfectly,” said Rolf Nilsson, President of connectBlue. “And as a result, the bouquet of Wireless LAN Development Kits will allow our industrial customers to design advanced products with a reduced development time and cost.”
The complete kits contain both hardware and software and are either shipped directly to the customer or via a connectBlue certified distributor. The software development kits can easily be downloaded via FTP server technology.
The connectBlue Wireless LAN modules included in the complete kits are compliant with IEEE 802.11a/b/g and single stream 802.11n, utilizes internal antenna or external antenna, 3.3 - 5.5 VDC, SPI or SDIO interface and are fully radio type approved (FCC, IC and R&TTE). Additional features include dual-band operation (2.4GHz and 5GHz), minimal host processor load, integrated controller & SRAM/ROM, advanced power save features and compatibility with the connectBlue Bluetooth and ZigBee / IEE 802.15.4 module standard.
The connectBlue Wireless LAN Development Kit collection consists of the following:
- OWL222a (SDIO) WinCE (ARM) Evaluation kit includes a Module Adapter, connectBlue wireless LAN OEM module, Binary driver for WinCE 5.0/6.0 (ARM), driver upgrades and documentation
- OWL222a (SDIO) WinCE (ARM) binary driver includes Binary driver for WinCE 5.0/6.0 (ARM), driver upgrades and documentation
- OWL221a/OWL222a Support package for binary code includes email and phone technical support
- OWL221a (SPI) and cB-OWL222a (SDIO) WinCE Evaluation system includes Keith & Koep embedded computer system, two Module Adapters, two connectBlue wireless LAN OEM modules, SD memory card with WinCE 6.0 drivers in binary format, driver upgrades, test software, extra test tools and documentation
- OWL221a (SPI) Linux Evaluation system includes Keith & Koep embedded computer system, a Module Adapter, connectBlue wireless LAN OEM module, SD memory card with Linux 2.6 drivers in binary format, driver upgrades, test software, extra test tools and documentation
- OWL221a (SPI) Embedded Driver Evaluation System includes a connectBlue Embedded Wireless LAN Driver and application for Windows XP in binary code (x86), USB-SPI host dongle, Module Adapter, connectBlue wireless LAN OEM module, driver upgrades and documentation
- OWL221a (SPI) and OWL222a (SDIO) WinCE driver source code includes source code reference driver for WinCE 6.0 ported to the Keith & Koep platform, Module firmware as binary image, technical support, driver upgrades, test software, extra test tools and documentation
- OWL221a (SPI) and OWL222a (SDIO) Linux driver source code includes source code reference driver for Linux 2.6 ported to the Keith & Koep platform, Module firmware as binary image, technical support, driver upgrades, test software, extra test tools and documentation
- OWL221a (SPI) Embedded Driver source code includes connectBlue Embedded Wireless LAN driver in source code (standard ANSI C), examples of ports to Linux 2.6 ARM and Windows with developer studio, lower and upper level MAC firmware in binary format, technical support, driver upgrades and documentation
- OWL221a and OWL222a Support package extension for driver source code, and driver updates includes additional email and phone technical support and driver upgrades
connectBlue™ is a leading provider of wireless solutions for demanding applications in hygiene, rough environment, mobility, control, personal safety and security areas. Based on Bluetooth technology, Wireless LAN and IEEE 802.15.4, connectBlue provides ready-to-use products and modules as well as custom design solutions in both hardware and software. connectBlue has offices in Malmö (Sweden), Chicago (USA) and Pfaffenhofen/Munich (Germany). For more information, please visit www.connectblue.com
The connectBlue word mark and logo are owned by connectBlue AB.
For further information
Europe & Asia:
Martin Engdahl, Marketing Director
Phone: +46 40 6307123
Pelle Svensson, President connectBlue, Inc.
Phone: +1 (312) 927 5859
Download low resolution image:
Download high resolution image: